The Richmond Animal League (RAL) will present the 2015 Woofstock Festival, a family-friendly dog festival with music, adoptions, games, and fun on Saturday, April 25, 2015 from 10:00am – 2:00pm. This year’s event will take place at Westchester Commons in Chesterfield.
Front and center at the festival will be the Strut Your Mutt fundraising dog walk at 11:30am. Community members and local businesses form Dog Packs to collect donations.
Kat Simons from LIte 98 will emcee the day's events and Stereo Eight will be providing live music! Gates will open at 10:00am for the festival. There will be music all day and plenty of fun for the dogs, including games, agility courses and contests. The whole family will also be able to enjoy the kids games, vendor area, and our dog adoption area, which will include animal rescue groups from across the metro Richmond area.
All dogs must be current on vaccines and rabies shots. All dogs must be leashed at all times on a leash no longer than 6ft. RAL reserves the right to refuse admission to any owner and their dog.
Here is a Printable Woofstock Poster to share in the community. Help spread the word!
One of Woofstock's main purposes is to promote animal rescue and adoption. Rescue groups from across Virginia will bring their adoptable dogs to Woofstock. Many different breeds will be present. If you are interested in adopting a dog, please visit our Dog Adoption Area. If you are a member of a rescue group and would like to participate, please contact Richmond Animal League (Elizabeth@ral.org).
Sponsors & Vendors
Richmond Animal League can provide your business with media exposure, logo impressions, and a vendor space at Woofstock. Cash sponsorships are available. Additionally, Woofstock will have dozens of area business vendors lined up at Westchester Commons. This is the perfect opportunity to showcase your business in front of an audience of hundreds. To find out more about becoming a sponsor or vendor, please contact Elizabeth Thomas, Special Events Manager, at Elizabeth@ral.org or 804.379.0046 ext. 117.
What would Woofstock be without the dogs? Show us what your pet is made of in our fun contests:
Tennis Ball Lottery
If your dog loves to retrieve, this is the game for you! Send your dog to retrieve a numbered tennis ball - the dog with the highest number wins!
Tennis Ball Walk
Test your dog's leash manners in this fun obstacle. While you balance a tennis ball on a spoon, walk your dog through a series of cone weaves. Fastest time (without dropping the tennis ball) wins!
Home Run Derby
Sit. Down. Shake. Roll over. Seems pretty easy, huh? At each "base," your dog will have to perform a command before moving along to the next base. The dog/handler team with the fastest time around the bases wins!
Like musical chairs, but with a canine twist! Walk your dog while the music plays, but when the music stops - find an empty hula hoop and have your dog sit in it. The game continues until only one team remains.
Everyone is a winner in this game. With 60 seconds on the clock, create a stack of treats as tall as you can in front of your dog. The team with the highest tower (remember - your dog can't eat the treats until the minute is up) wins!
Strut Your Mutt Walk
Strut Your Mutt isn't just for adults. It is a great way to get your whole family and community involved. Here is Abby, top dog from 2012, with a great idea on how to get your neighbors to participate in fundraising.
How to Register:
- Visit http://www.firstgiving.com/RAL/strut-your-mutt-2015
- Click on the green "Join Now" button
- Choose how many people you are signing up (you can sign up multiple people at once or just yourself).
- Sign in through an existing First Giving account, through Facebook, or create a new account.
- *Please Note: A personal URL will be created for you with your name. If there is already a URL with your name, used by someone else with your name, a red box will appear that says the URL is already in use. Simply add a number to the end or make your URL unique in another way to continue.
- Join an existing pack (team), create a new one, or sign up as an individual.
- Personalize your fundraising page - tell people why YOU are strutting for RAL!
- Start fundraising! Encourage family and friends to make donations straight through your page or take donations offline and manually enter them in.