Foster homes are an important piece of the puzzle that helps RAL remain a no-kill shelter - plainly put, fostering saves lives. Aside from creating space for more animals, foster homes give our pets a much needed break from what can be a very stressful kennel environment. It is often in foster homes that we are allowed a glimpse of a dog or cat's true personality, helping us to find a home in which they will best fit.
Fostering is a tremendously rewarding experience; most of our foster homes foster animals again and again!
Benefits of fostering
To foster homes:
- no long-term commitment
- companionship of animals without financial burden
- opportunity to see how a pet will fit into your family's lifestyle
- enjoy a break from a shelter environment
- chance to become better socialized
- allow their caretakers to learn more about their personality
- learn to trust humans in a home environment
RAL provides food, any necessary veterinary care and/or medicines, and supplies to our foster homes. You just provide the time, space and love.
Foster parents are a pet's best marketing team! They can provide all sorts of information about the animal’s personality and disposition. This information, along with stories and anecdotes about the animal, will be showcased on the RAL website for potential adopters to see.
Help spread the word
Share these flyers in the community and help spread the word about fostering for RAL.